BSTRA Volunteerism Award Program Guidelines
BSTRA offers a unique Volunteerism Award Program to its members. Its our way of saying “Thank You” for getting involved in the process of trail maintenance, preservation and acquisition. Your involvement helps BSTRA be part of the solution.
Whenever you volunteer your time to help BSTRA, you earn points towards year end awards. The Board of Directors do not receive compensation or volunteer hours for time served related to their position as officers/directors except for complimentary membership.
If you are involved in an activity that is not listed here, please check with the BSTRA Board of Directors. Points are awarded for the following activities:
- Non-BSTRA meetings you attend which are related to trail issues. For example: Town Master Plan meetings, working on a trail or greenway, State Forest Resource Management Plans, Friends of a State Forest or a specific trail-in other words, anything to do with trails allowing horseback riding.
- Time spent representing BSTRA at parades, trade shows, conferences, etc.
- Time spent preparing for, or cleaning up after a BSTRA event. For example: marking trails, setting up jumps, taking down markers, setting up tables, making signs, etc.
- Time spent working at a BSTRA event. For example: checking riders in or parking trailers.
- Time spent on writing projects. For example: writing fund raising letters, grant proposals, press releases, newsletter articles etc.
- Time spent working on trails. For example: attending BSTRA work days, attending another group’s trail work days, verifiable independent work on state or town trails (include names and phone numbers of person that can verify the work)
- Time spent traveling to meetings, work days or events can be counted if travel time is over 1 hour, one way. Or a total of more than 2 hours travel time both ways.
You must be a member in good standing to receive points.
To qualify for year end awards, adults must volunteer a minimum of four hours.
ADDITIONAL BENEFIT FOR VOLUNTEERS:
In addition to earning points in accordance with BSTRA’s Volunteerism Award Program, volunteers will be entered into a special drawing for Gift Certificates for Gift Boxes donated by BSTRA’s sponsor, Cabot Cheese Co. There will be three lucky winners drawn. Number of entries per volunteer are determined by number of hours volunteered:
Up to 20 hours: 1 entry
Over 20 hours and Up to 50 hours: 2 entries
Over 50 hours and Up to 100 hours: 3 entries
Over 100 hours and Up to 200 hours: 4 entries
More than 200 hours: 5 entries